Sunday, December 30, 2012

First "Battlebox" Battle

The two of us played our first "battle box" game last night. I say "battle box" because we didn't use the exact contents of the battle boxes. Instead our lists were:

Trolls:
Madrak
Axer
Impaler
Pyre

Circle:
Mohsar
Feral Warpwolf
Argus
Argus

Overall it was a really close game, with Madrak coming through with the win but with only 6hp left and he even had to use his magic scroll of no-hurty.

Some impressions I had after the game:
- It was really close through the whole game and probably could have gone either way.

- The Feral Warpwolf is a crazy killer! He ate my poor Axer without even breaking a sweat! (Two claws and a bite of doom!)

- Frenzy is bad! My Axer frenzied and mangled my Pyre troll pretty badly. I need to be extra careful about not over pushing my beasts.

- Mohsar is really tough to deal with when he drops those salt pillars all over. It's hard for my slow plodding trolls to get around them.

- For it being Mrs. Troll's first game ever she did really really well. She says she's not that good at these kind of games, but I think she's just playing opossum! Now that she's got a feel for how the game plays, how Mohsar plays, and her doggy's strengths and weaknesses, I think the next game will be a huge uphill battle for ye olde trolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment